Monday, 21 March 2016

A standstill?

Hey guys! 
Remember me? The girl who blogs about skincare and make-up with resting bitchface and a penchant for cats? I'm really really aware I haven't blogged in a little over two weeks, believe me. I've been pushing blogging to the back of my mind as of late. After a whiskey or two, I thought I would update you all on why that is so. No written outline to this blog, just words. Before I get started, I would like to thank you all for getting me to 40'000 views three weeks ago! It really means so much to me.
My passion in life, is baking and cake decorating. I'm working hard to go freelance with my baking, business wise. Which means blogging has not been my focus, at all lately. Baking in general, has been going so well. I made over 80 chocolate tuxedo and dress strawberries for my best friends wedding. The day after the wedding, the wedding decorator asked to talk to me, and I got an offer to do the same strawberries for other weddings! During the Summer, I will also be selling my baking at a local market, testing out my audience and getting my name out there! I had a logo professionally designed by Jemma over at Dorkface, who I wholly recommend! She did an amazing job!




Of course, going freelance with my baking hasn't been without its odd freakout, by any means. What if I can't afford all of this? What if I get a complicated order? Are my carving skills up to par? What if I get no orders at all? What if, what if, what if? It's a risk I know I have to take. I love baking. I wholly intend to make a living from it. I have never been as passionate about anything, ever. It's something I have a natural knack for. I make sure I'm constantly learning and developing my skills. 
As you can imagine, so much of my creative energy and focus has gone into making sure my endeavours pay off. Creatively speaking, I don't have much room for anything else... right now.
I still love blogging, and I do have ideas for upcoming blogs. Blogging is just not my main focus right now. Especially beauty blogging, as some of you will know, does add up cost wise. Trying to keep up with the Joneses and the latest launches while trying to fund your dreams, can be next to impossible.
Back in December, I created an account on GoFundMe. Any donations would go towards equipment and ingredients to afford my dream. With my last kind donation, I was able to buy sugarpaste, colour pastes, moulds, cutters, lustres and a top tier cake tin! I will leave my GoFundMe page here if you would like to donate, or simply spread the word.
In the next few weeks, I will try and return to my usual twice a week posts. Right now, I can't make any promises. I love to blog, and I really hope I can return to my usual schedule very soon.
Thank you all for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :) 

Keep up to date with my latest posts and antics!

No comments:

Post a Comment