Tuesday, 8 March 2016

UPDATED| The Skincare Tag

Hey guys! How are you all doing today? I had the best weekend ever! My best friend got married during the week, which I was bridesmaid for. It was such a wonderful weekend and I have never been so proud of anyone in my entire life. To be present watching your best friend since you were 12 get married and starting a new life, is the highest regard. I was looking over my older posts a few days ago when I came across a skincare tag I did over a year and a half ago. It has really changed and I thought I would update it a bit. Feel free to steal it if you want to do it too! 

Describe your skincare routine in five words:
Relaxing, necessary, French, careful and lengthy!

What is your skin type?
Normal to combination. In general my skin gives me little trouble besides the odd breakout on my chin. My T-Zone gets oily during the hotter months, and dry during the Winter.

What is your favourite skincare product?
Ahhh. I have a few I adore! Effaclar Duo+ has been a godsend. I adore Clarins Eclat Du Jour and Origins Checks and Balances. However, I could not be without Trilogy's Rosehip Oil!

What's your top blemish zapper?
I have to say, my much loved Grease Lightning by Lush has lost its crown to La Roche Posay's Effaclar Duo+ cream. Thanks to that, my chin barely breaks out anymore!
Facewipes. Yay or nay?
Not in a million years.

Toners. Yay or nay?
I love toners! They make my skin feel calm and extra clean. Eau Roma from Lush is my Holy Grail toner. 

High end or drug store skincare products?
I really prefer high end skincare products. I think they are just worth the investment. There's no point buying high end make-up if you're not going to invest in great skincare. However, Simple's Kind To Skin moisturiser is a constant repurchase for me.

Top skincare tips?
Drink loads of water to keep your skin hydrated. Even if you are new to a skincare routine, stick to a twice daily routine. Now and then is not enough, consistency is key. Stay away from products with alcohol and shop for products according to your skin type. 

Current skincare products?
Garnier micellar water, Origins Never A Dull Moment cleanser, Eau Roma toner, Simple Kind To Skin moisturiser, La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo+, Clarins Eye Contour Gel, Botanics, Microdermabrasion Polish and Trilogy Rosehip Oil. Of course I don't use these all at once. It depends on my skin's needs at the time.

Have you ever used Pro-Activ?
Nah. I have no need to. My skin isn't acne prone and I don't trust its ingredients. I'm of the opinion that if a product needs a celebrity to sell it, the product probably isn't that fantastic in the first place. The product should speak for itself.

Skincare products you want to try?
Clarins Blue Orchid oil, Lush's Enchanted eye cream, Origins Out of Trouble face mask. I have so many skincare products I am dying to try! Those are the first ones that came to mind though.

Do you skip any skincare steps?
I don't think so. I always forget SPF though, haha.

How do you remove make-up?
Using Garnier Micellar Water. Leaves my skin so squeaky clean and feeling fresh!

If you could change one thing about your skin, what would it be?
The scars Benzoyl Peroxide left on my chin and my freckles.


And that's my updated skincare tag! Feel free to add it to you own blog. Link it to me if you do the tag, I would love to read it! 
Thank you for reading,
Stay fab xo
Kim. :)

Keep up to date with my latest posts and antics! 

No comments:

Post a Comment